Department/Group: Staffing Services
Location: Tri-City Area – Kitchener,
Waterloo & Guelph
Level/Salary Range: $24/hour
Associate: Independent Operator Status
Job Category: Support Services
Position Type: Associate
Travel Required: Car or Transit
Position Type: Flexible, Relief
Cadence’s Staffing Services is looking for high energy professionals to join our team.
If you are dedicated to supporting individuals with complex and unique needs and have a passion for caring for people and seeing them reach their goals then Cadence’s is for you. At Cadence’s you will enjoy competitive wages, a flexible schedule that will suit your needs, and a management team that will want to see you succeed and grow.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in community events to help teach life skills, events may include but not limited to bowling, swimming, grocery shopping, sporting events, medical appointments, gym and home visits.
- Educate people with special needs on cooking, cleaning, budgeting and encourage healthy life choices.
- Provide intimate care to clients with respect and privacy with regards to that care.
- Will read and know all in-house protocols, policy, and procedures.
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate client behavioral support plans, Personal Plan (plan of care) and any medical protocols.
- Educate special needs clients on life skills to raise independence and autonomy.
- Applies in-house protocols, policies, and procedures.
- Participates in formulating the interdisciplinary plan of care.
- Provides effective supervision, leadership and direction when required.
- Ability to work independently.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATION AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor Degree or Diploma in Social Service related field.
- Minimum of two (2) years current related experience working with vulnerable people including complex special needs or people who exhibit challenging behaviors.
- Current Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI) training, Safe Management (SM) or other crisis intervention training is highly recommended.
- Current CPR (Level A or C).
- Current Vulnerable Sector Criminal reference check (within 6 months).
- Demonstrated problem solving skills, communication, and computer skills.
- Ability to demonstrate a dependable and reliable attendance record.
- Ability to work in a high pace, high demanding environment.
- Demonstrates understanding and complies with patient and staff safety policies and procedures that foster a safe and inclusive environment for all.
- Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Effectively uses empathy in interactions with others.
- Must have access to reliable transportation or be able to access the service locations by transit.
- Ability to work a variety of locations, e.g. hospitals, schools, group homes, family homes, shelters and other locations as required.
- Demonstrates behaviors consistent with Cadence’s Staffing Service Commitment to caring and core values.
- Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for clients within a challenging and exciting environment.
PREFERRED SKILLS & CERTIFICATIONS
- Applied Behavior Analysis
- Medication Administration
- Health & Safety, WHMIS
- Abuse Prevention
- Interpersonal Skills
- Problem Solving Skills
- Accessibility Act
HOW TO APPLY
Please send resume to email@example.com. Applicants will be screened based on education and experience.
Note: This is an Associate position and not an employment position